Psalm 68:6, “He gives families to the lonely.”
In Volusia, Flagler and Putnam counties, within the last year, there has been 80% increase in the number of children in foster care without any additional care givers/homes. There is currently provision to house 1,400 children in foster care. However, right now our area has more than 1,800 children in its care. There are 400-500 children who need more attention than merely being one of 12 children in a crowded home. How much attention can a child receive when he is one of 12 children in a home? It is a dire situation.
Simply put, we need more people in the body of Christ to provide loving homes for the children in our area.
FOSTER CARE ORIENTATION
We invite you to attend an information meeting called, Foster Care Orientation, where you will discover the following:
- Introduction to all the different private foster care agencies in our area
- Explanations of all the different types of foster care (special needs, medically needy, and traditional foster care)
- Overview of what providing foster care entails
- Insight of the licensing process
- If you are ready to take the next step: you can choose your agency and begin the process right, then and there
- Or, you can simply attend and take time to pray and think about it with no pressure
Foster Care Orientation Thursday, April 21 at 6 pm
Community Partnership for Children Office
138 W New York Avenue, Deland, FL 32720
Just show up and learn! No RSVP required